Sunday 12 June 2011

Islington Reads The Bible

Today I paid a visit back to Islington where I was minister from 1983 to 1990.  I went to share in the 'Islington Reads The Bible' event, a celebration of the 400th anniversary of the King James Bible.  The Islington churches combined to read the whole Bible over a period of some 82 hours.  The reading started at 10am on Thursday and was due to continue, without stopping, until 8pm. today - though it was running ahead of schedule when I was there.  I heard from the beginning of Ephesians to the end of 2 Timothy, reading three chapters, one from Ephesians, one from Colossians and one from 1 Timothy myself.

It wasn't an event that attracted a great deal of attention, especially on a rather rainy Sunday lunch-time - but it was good to be a small part of the whole Bible being read in public in a London borough.

No comments: