Saturday 28 March 2020

I Wonder ...

I am interested in how 'wondering' has emerged as a means of asking questions and reflecting in a variety of contexts. I think it's a great approach. It's a good way of getting us thinking around questions of 'what if'. It helps us consider what might be the impact if things were a little different - or, indeed, extremely different. I also like the fact that is the word 'wonder', which can carry that idea of excitement, even amazement, if the right context is provided. I know it's a method used in 'Godly Play', but not whether that is what has brought it to the fore.

But, in all sorts of situations, I think it worth considering:
I wonder how things would be if I approached this differently.
I wonder how it would be if I did this little something.
I wonder how I would feel if I really looked for God in this situation.

The 'wondering' questions can go on for a long time, and that's good - but don't forget, at the right times, to do something about what you wonder.

No comments: