Saturday 19 December 2020

On Retreat at St Beuno's

 

I just got back yesterday from a few days' silent retreat at St Beuno's Jesuit Spirituality Centre. As always, it was a real gift of space and an important opportunity - at a time of transition - for me to reflect on both what has been and what will be; and I want to stress the importance for us all of making such opportunities on a regular basis. Mostly, I am not able to identify such an amount of time nor go somnewhere so conducive, but snatched moments of reflection are also important.

One of the joys of St Beuno's is being able to walk in the surrounding countryside, though I am not currently used to the hills. But the other really helpful thing is the opportunity for Biblical reflection and prayer.

God is wherever we are. There is no need to go to north Wales. But how good it is to come to the special place, to find that quieter space, to know that I've got that little bit of time.

No comments: