Tuesday 1 July 2008

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

I was recently reading some material from the USA about valuing church and was struck by one particular comment: I love my church because it's sort of like the Wizard of Oz - it's about having a heart and a brain. And courage! That may not be the most obvious way of expressing what we need in order to be an effective church, but I think it sums it up. Too often we find ourselves struggling, unsure, making excuses. I understand why that happens - but I want to encourage you to grab the opportunities that God puts your way, and not to worry about those that don't arise.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

Wonderful thoughts.
I think we should strive to have all three in our lives and churches. I think it is revealed in the powerful spirit that God has given us.
Keep up the great post and blogging.
You do a fantastic job.