Sunday 5 June 2022

Van Gogh Alive

 


We recently went to the Van Gogh Alive Experience in Edinburgh. It is a multimedia presentation of Van Gogh's paintings, in some cases bringing them to life, with a great musical background, and featuring a number of quotations from his writing. It was a great experience with much to say about life and its challenges.

I was reminded of my recent enjoyment of the little book in the 'Van Gogh to Go' series. Volume 3, the one I have, (selected and edited by Tom Willett), focusses on Van Gogh and spirituality, pairing a selection of his paintings with appropriate quotations.

Needless to say, there is much of value - but I was particularly struck by one quotation - "I believe in God, not a dead or stuffed God, but a living one who pushes us with irresistible force in the direction of "love on."

Pictures - photos at the Experience



No comments: