Thursday 6 August 2020

Being Faithful

I mentioned Ben Norton's Espresso Scriptures a few days ago. I have been dipping into them the way they were originally intended to be read, one (or, in my case, usually two) at a time and allowing them to sink in and be pondered.

I was very struck bt one I read yesterday, and think it well worth sharing. I think it has a lot to say to, and about, today's society.

The Scripture is Psalm 89:2 - I know that your love will last for all time, that your faithfulness is as permanent as the sky.

Ben comments - I wonder when the last time was that you were faithful? So often we only hear about people being unfaithful, and being faithful is something that we take for granted. But I think that's the problem: if we don't focus on being faithful, we can slip into unfaithfulness. I am not just talking about relationships, but being faithful to who we are and what we believe in. The people who wrote the psalms really understood that God's faithfulness is an amazing concept, which brings some real security in life.

Spend some time this week thinking about what it was you wanted to achieve and who you wanted to become. And then ask yourself, "Am I being faithful?"

No comments: