Wednesday 20 January 2016

Receiving from God

There are many passages in the Bible that say things about God's generosity and what we receive from God. It is important to know that God loves us and looks out for us.

One of these passages - Ephesians 3:14-21 - indicates how God gives from the treasures of glory. God gives inward strength and power - and so we can have faith. Faith brings me close to Jesus, who makes me strong. There are so many things that make us feel vulnerable, marginalised, weak. Jesus provides a firm foundation.

How wonderful that, as this passage reminds me:
- I can know the breadth of God's love.
- I can know the height of God's love.
- I can know the depth of God's love.
- I can know the length of God's love.
God's love is beyond knowledge - yet I can know it!

I can be filled with the very fullness of God, who is at work in me, God who can do so much more than we can imagine.

No comments: